Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sentimental moment

Last night after reading Hailey her bedtime story we were sitting in her rocking chair just cuddling when I noticed her glowing seahorse (see picture below) nearby, so I grabbed it and turned it on for her. The glowing belly and gentle music suddenly flooded me with a wonderful memory.

A few weeks before Hailey was born and once her room was all ready for her, I used to sit in the rocker in her nursery, talking to my belly about how excited I was to meet her. I had received the glowing seahorse for a baby shower gift, so I really liked to play the music to my belly and feel Hailey kick around inside my tummy.

It was such a wonderful moment, thinking about when I played the seahorse for her inside my belly, and now here she is, over 6 months old and I can play seahorse for her on the outside and rock her in my arms. I just love her so very much and am very, very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment