Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rolling, sitting, and...crawling?!

As of today, Hailey can now roll over from belly to back and back to belly. I'm sure before I know it she'll be rolling back and forth all over the house! Just now she worked so hard at getting from her back to her belly (she's been working on doing this for a while now), and once she finally figured out how to get her arms underneath her to be fully on her belly she gave me the biggest cheesy smile and she was so proud of herself!

I've also been working on getting her to sit on her own. She still likes to hang on to me for support, but if she's distracted and I let go she'll hold herself up in a sitting position for a little while before tipping off to the side and I have to catch her.

And no, she's not crawling quite yet thank goodness! But she has started showing the first signs of thinking about/wanting to crawl. Last night she was playing on her belly and she pushed up really hard on her arms and tried arching her back a little, like she wanted to push up on her knees. But she's not quite strong enough to get on her knees yet, so when she tries to push up on her knees she just ends up scooching her whole body backwards, farther from the toy she was trying to get which she's not happy about!

I hate to say it, but I think little miss Hailey is going to be mobile very soon! She's changing so much and doing new things every day, I feel so very lucky to be able to watch her develop and reach each of these milestones.

On Sunday we celebrate Hailey's first Easter, and Monday is Hailey's 6 month/half year birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment